Our Estate Planning Attorneys are Ready to Serve You!
Do not put your future at risk; if you do not have an estate plan already, the time to create one is now. We can help – contact us today!
Estate Planning Concerns
These are common concerns we hear from the families we meet every day:
- How to Preserve What I Own, To Protect What I Value
- How to Avoid Nursing Home Poverty
- How to make sure my spouse doesn’t go broke if I need skilled care
- How to make sure my wishes matter if I become disabled
- How to get my assets to my loved ones after death efficiently and privately
- How to protect my assets from creditors or in-laws
- How to minimize any taxes due to death
- How to make sure things will be taken care of after death if I wish to benefit charities
- How to make sure that my trust assets will be transferred into the name(s) of beneficiaries after death
- How to protect my loved ones (including my pets) due to incapacity or death
Estate planning isn’t about how much money you have, it’s about protecting what you have for you, during your life and for those you love, after you’re gone. It ensures what you have gets to the people you love, the way you want, when you want.
If you were to die today, are you comfortable everything will be taken care of the way you want? Estate planning is legally ensuring your “stuff” will be handled the way you want by providing sufficient instructions.
Estate planning really is for everyone. It doesn’t matter if you have $40,000 or $400,000. You still must plan for the future. Whether it’s to name a guardian for your minor children or ensure your children don’t blow through your assets if you unexpectedly die or become disabled (Terri Schiavo case).
Estate planning can only be properly performed by attorneys, and it can be as simple as a customized Will, Health Care Power of Attorney, and a Financial Power of Attorney. An experienced estate planning attorney should draft these basic documents.
Estate Planning can also include a revocable living trust, asset protection trust, multi-generational (dynasty) trust, tax-saving charitable trust, or a special needs trust.
Want to ease your mind and make sure you and your loved ones are protected?