Legal Services - The legal services department handles all matters in Funding, Medicaid, Probate, Trust Administration, Guardianships, Special Needs and Future Care Planning.
· Medicaid Qualification - Handles preparation, submission and interview with the Department of Social Services to provide required information and respond to inquiries related to both institutional and community Medicaid. This department also answers questions regarding Medicaid applications in progress and the status of same.
· Probate – Handling all matters related to the submission of Will to Surrogate’s Court, Appointment of Executor and administration of the estate.
· Trust Administration - Redistribution of trust assets after the death of the grantor to establish post death trusts.
· Special Needs/Guardianship/Future Care Planning – handles questions and planning concerns for disabled and/or incompetent individuals regarding their current and future needs.
Estate Planning Services- Counsel clients on the identification, design and signing of individual client estate plans. Any legal/technical questions or questions regarding the design or signing of client estate plans are handled in this department.
· Traditional Planning – Handling all matters regarding Wills, Health Care Proxies,
Living Wills, Power of Attorneys, Revocable and Irrevocable Living Trusts.
· Modern Planning – Handling all matters specific to single people, unmarried couples, blended families, same sex couples, and planning for pets.
· Medicaid Pre-Planning (Nursing Home) – Handling all issues pertaining to protection of assets from Nursing Homes and ensure eligibility for Medicaid if needed.
· Modern Asset Protection Planning – Handling all matters relating to protection of assets from the Government, Taxes, Lawsuits, and Nursing Homes, divorce, bad business ventures and predators.
· Business Succession Planning – Handling all issues pertaining to the protection of business interests and ensure effective plan in place to continue business if unanticipated incapacity or death of principal.
· Advanced Tax Planning – Handling all matters concerning potentially large income or estate taxes. State of the art strategies that permit individuals to minimize taxes but maintains control and financial security.
Agency and Advisor Services - All questions for our legal team from Attorneys, CPA’s, financial advisors, insurance agents, banks and other professionals are handled by this department, including scheduling meetings with attorneys, private client workshops and in-house professional educational programs. All questions for our legal team from agencies and Long Term Care facilities are handled by this department, including in-house educational programs, private resident consultations and facility assistance with coordination of services provided by other agencies.
Client Services - The primary responsibility of this department is to ensure the client needs are being met from the first contact with our firm and through each law firm process (Estate Planning, Medicaid Qualification, Probate, Trust Administration, Guardianship, and Future Care Planning) to see the client proceeds efficiently to timely completion of the work. You should contact the client services to schedule yourself or a client into an upcoming workshop or to inquire of any upcoming client meetings.
Drafting Department- Is responsible for drafting all trusts, health care proxies, powers of attorney, and wills. Changes to those documents or any questions on drafting can be handled directly by the drafting department.
Operations/Team Leader- Responsible for the management and oversight of the law firm operation. All
questions regarding billing or client concerns, not otherwise being accommodated by client services, should be
directed to the Director of Operations.
For more answers to your questions contact us today!
616.361.8400 or 1.888.GO.DAVID ( 1.888.463.2843 )